Justin Hakala is an attorney at Morgan & Meyers, PLC in Dearborn, Michigan, where he exclusively represents injured plaintiffs. His practice is roughly one-third product liability, one-third medical malpractice, and one-third auto and general negligence. In addition to his busy personal injury practice, he also represents small and medium sized businesses in actions to recover profits lost to business torts and antitrust violations.
Mr. Hakala is a cum laude graduate of Wayne State University Law School, where he served on the Law Review and participated on the Moot Court National Team. He also holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan.
When he isn't working for his clients, he spends most of his time with his wife, their two sons and two dogs. He is an enthusiastic chef, rock climber, and hockey player, although his amateur status in these activities has never been in any serious jeopardy.
- Contributor, Daubert Response & Affidavit of Expert, American Association for Justice: Life Care Plans Litigation Packet (October, 2013)
- A New Day for Expert Discovery, 47 Trial 6 (June 2011)
- The Case for Different Preliminary Injunction Standards in Merger Challenge, State Bar of Michigan, Antitrust Section Newsletter (Mar. 2009)
- Follow-On State Actions Based on the FTC’s Enforcement of Section 5, Section 5 Workshop, Federal Trade Commission (Oct. 9, 2008)
- State of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United State Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
3200 Greenfield Rd., Ste. 260
Dearborn, MI 48120